FREE PRIZE DRAW TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Open to residents of the Channel Islands, Isle of Man and the United Kingdom aged 21 and over who have held a full UK/EAA licence for longer than 12 months. The driver of the New York BMW i8 experience must be aged over 25, with 5 years driving experience and a full licence with no serious motoring convictions. The driver will also be required to provide a DVLA license check code to fulfil the i8 experience. Employees and their immediate families of BMW Group and its associated companies, their agents, or anyone professionally connected with this draw are excluded from entry. Only one entry per person, per household, no bulk or third-party entries. Employees of InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) Services Company and its parent and affiliate companies, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are also not eligible to enter.
2.1 The prize is to win a VIP experience for two in New York, USA for three nights. Entry is gained via the BMW UK and IHG Rewards Club hub website competitions.bmw.co.uk. The closing date for entries is 30 September 2016. The prize is to be taken between April and May 2017 (excluding Easter 14 – 17 April 2017), subject to flight availability and accommodation. The prize includes return premium economy flights from London to New York, ESTA USA Visas, overnight accommodation in a twin or double room for three nights at the InterContinental Barclay New York, a BMW i8 driving experience, breakfast (at the InterContinental Barclay), lunch (up to $100.00pp) and dinner (up to $150.00pp) on each of the days, rooftop drinks on one evening at Kimpton Ink48 Hotel (up to $150.00) and a private chauffeur driven BMW i3 for each day while in New York (subject to availability). Hotel accommodation in London will be provided in advance of outbound flight, if required. Travel expenses to and from the winners home location to London, including but not limited to, fuel and parking are not included. No additional spending money will be included with the prize.
2.2 In addition to the New York experience, the winner will receive an i3 to drive for 6 months (from 1st November 2016 – 30th April 2017). Insurance will to be provided by BMW UK. Charging points will not be provided.
2.2.1 The promoter does not guarantee that the winner’s preferred BMW i3 model will be available. BMW will decide which model will be delivered every three months to the winner. This decision will be final. Should BMW deem the loan car to have been mistreated in any way then all future loans as part of the prize will be null and void, and the prize arrangement will be terminated with immediate effect. Each loan car will have a mileage limit of 1,000 miles per month. The vehicle can only be used for journeys within mainland United Kingdom.
2.2.2 The BMW i3 will be provided on a loan basis. Driver must be over 21 with a full valid licence for a minimum of 2 years and no serious motoring convictions. The loan of the BMW vehicle is subject to a separate loan agreement and the BMW Loan Car Terms. The winner must agree to these terms before taking possession of the vehicle. Key Loan Car Terms excerpt: the car may only be driven by the winner, only for private use excluding commuting and travelling sales and not for any form of racing; the winner is responsible for any fines, congestion or other charges arising from use of the car and for any damage arising from his failure to take reasonable care; the car is insured subject to an insurance excess of £500 for each and every claim under £5000; £1000 for each and every claim in excess of £5000. Please note these excesses are in addition to any amount payable as a result of misfuelling and / or engine damage due to navigating through flooded areas. For clarity in such instances an additional excess to the value of 10% of the repair costs will be charged. Insurance does not cover personal belongings. BMW has the right to refuse permission to drive if driving offences/disqualifications have occurred or if BMW otherwise considers driver is unfit to drive.
2.3 The winner will also receive IHG Rewards Platinum Ambassador Membership and 250,000 IHG Rewards Club points.
3. The opening date of the prize draw is 19 August 2016 at 10.00AM. The closing date for receipt of all entries is 30 September 2016 at 23:59. Proof of submission is not proof of receipt. No responsibility can be accepted for entries incomplete, delayed, damaged, wrongly delivered or not received for whatever reason.
4. One entry per person. There will be one winner selected at random by an independent arbitrator from all entries received.
5. The winner will be notified by telephone and email within 3 working days of the closing date (03.10.16 – 05.10.16). The prize may be withdrawn from the said winner and a new winner drawn if the prize is not accepted within 5 working days of notification.
6. If the prize draw organiser is unable to contact or validate a prize draw entrant within a reasonable time, we will return to the overall pool of entrants and choose the next participant at random.
7. No cash alternative to the prize will be offered and the prize is not transferable.
8. No purchase necessary.
9. The promoter's decision in respect of all matters to do with the promotion will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. The promoter reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value should circumstances make this necessary.
11. BMW or IHG do not accept responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, incomplete or otherwise not received or cannot be entered for technical or any other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt. Incomplete or illegible entries or those not in accordance with the entry instructions and these terms and conditions are invalid.
12. Travel and accommodation are included and BMW and IHG accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with any Prize which are not specifically included in that Prize, including, without limitation, personal expenses, insurance (travel and health). Winners are strictly prohibited from selling their Prizes to any other person or giving it to a third party.
13. Winners will need to provide personal travel insurance for themselves as well as their guest and must present this documentation together with driving licence and passport before travel.
14. The winner's name and county will be available 28 days after the closing date by sending a stamped addressed envelope to BMW VIP experience in New York, Synergy, 60 Great Portland Street, W1W 7RT
15. The winner might be required to take part in publicity resulting from this draw, during and after the prize experience without entitlement to any financial reward.
16. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss and/or damages suffered by the winner or any individual chosen to participate with the winner in the prize as a result of their participation in the promotion.
17. Entry implies acceptance of these rules. These rules are governed by English law.
18. The Promoter is BMW (UK) Ltd. Registered Office: Summit ONE, Summit Avenue, Farnborough, Hampshire, GU14 0FB. Registered in England and Wales 1378137.